Posted to uk.d-i-y
Onetap Onetap is offline

Default pipe for Pug 406 aircon system

On Monday, July 21, 2014 11:22:09 AM UTC+1, John Stumbles wrote:
Just tried to order condenser high pressure pipe for my 2000 Pug 406 and

told it's obsolete. *******s. The existing one is leaking where the pipe

meets the flange that bolts onto the condenser. It's ali. Just trying to

figure out my options.

Obviously finding somewhere that has a new one in stock would be best but

Pug don't have a system for finding what dealerships have what items in

stock so it means phoning round all of them (and probably tooling off

across the country to pick one up if I do find it).

Or finding one at a breakers and getting it off without buggering it.

Or getting the leak repaired. Is it possible to weld ali? Where would I

find someone who can?

Or bodging up a different way of connecting to the condenser. (Why don't

they just use flares ffs?!)

Thoughts?

--

John Stumbles

If atheism is a religion then "off" is a TV channel

E-bay, lots being broken up.