Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chevy vehicle question for the motorheads

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message

Guilty as charged. I haven't worked on engines much for years,
so I don't know when the switchover happened -- especially for
domestic
vehicles. The BMW 2002 had a carb. My Mazda GLCs had a carb. The
Mazda
B2600 I think had fuel injection, but I'm not sure. I do know that
it
had a real timing chain (like my MGAs had) instead of one of the
belts
which fail in some cars at awkward times -- or even slip without
failing, doing nasty things to the timing. :-) The Mazda Navajo
(actually a Ford Explorer) has fuel injection and a weird ignition
system. I'm not sure what my Nissan Cube has, but I like it. Lots
of
inside space and headroom, without taking too much outside space.
:-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

The first American fuel injection I saw was a pre-production
controller for the 1976 Seville in a GM lab.