Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Custom router bit

On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 1:41:01 PM UTC, rangerssuck wrote:

I have a router table (shop made) set up to do this with the appropriate fences and feather boards, and I'd much rather not have to switch bits for each cut. I imagine that two passes (3/8 straight) and a 45 v-groove with the bearing removed would probably do a great job, but it's either a bit change or a second machine. Also, having standard-size cutters (and carbide, too) would be a major plus.

You said the magic words. Second machine. Either a used one off craigslist or one from Harbor Freight . They have a trim rounter for $29.95 and with just a little effort you can find a 25% off coupon. Sometimes on sale for about $20.
Set the second router up with the 3/8 straight and leave it set up until you have done all the windows.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-qua...ter-44914.html

Dan