Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Hot Transformer

On 23/07/2014 2:37 AM, Tim R wrote:
On Monday, July 21, 2014 5:04:09 PM UTC-4, Trevor Wilson wrote:
[ASIDE] This is an international group. Almost none of the
planet's

population (less than 5%) bothers with archane measurements, like

degrees F, anymore. Please learn the Metric system.

While I agree in general with the sentiment, there is no actual
advantage of C over F in doing calculations.

C and F are both European temperature systems based on 100 degrees.
For C there are 100 degrees between the temperature at which water
freezes and boils; for F there are 100 degrees between the usual
hottest and coldest temperatures in Europe at the time.

**I agree that there is no specific advantage in Celsius, except, of
course, that it dove-tails neatly with Kelvin measurements. SI units, on
the whole, however, are universally accepted and logical for humans to
work with. No one of any consequence bothers with Imperial measurements
any longer.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au