Posted to alt.home.repair
Albert Gore, Jr. Albert Gore, Jr. is offline

Default Lack of cold water plaguing northwest subdivision...

On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:16:17 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:56:37 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 12:29:27 -0700, Oren wrote:

"LAS VEGAS -- Imagine turning on the cold water tap only to find the
temperature won't get lower than 90 degrees. One northwest valley
subdivision has tried for months to cool down their water, but it's
still running warm."

...temps at 90.4ºF...

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/26076303/lack-of-cold-water-plaguing-northwest-subdivision

Why is it blamed on well water and shallow pipes, if I get the drift
on this report?

"Cold" water cruises in the 80s in SW Florida all summer. Where is the
surprise?

Is that well water - shallow pipes?

Vegas is a lot hotter than here.

Municipal water is not that hot, here. Water tables can be 245 feet
below the surface. (high desert) Some in the desert have a shared
water source (cistern Co-Op's). Still I've never heard of water with
such high temps.

Hi,
Climate change causing higher ambient temp.? Up here pipes are at about
8 ft. down. Cold in summer, warm in winter. Time to sell the house and
move away B4 it's too late?

I'll make you an offer you can't refuse!

Damn, I love this global warming, or whatever the hell the loons are
calling it today. It's making me so damn much money I won't be able to
spend it all!