Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Lack of cold water plaguing northwest subdivision...

Frank wrote:
On 7/22/2014 3:29 PM, Oren wrote:
"LAS VEGAS -- Imagine turning on the cold water tap only to find the
temperature won't get lower than 90 degrees. One northwest valley
subdivision has tried for months to cool down their water, but it's
still running warm."

...temps at 90.4ºF...

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/26076303/lack-of-cold-water-plaguing-northwest-subdivision

Why is it blamed on well water and shallow pipes, if I get the drift
on this report?

Here in the east, your well pipes could freeze if not buried deep
enough. It is no surprise that pipes only buried a couple of inches in
the hot climate of Vegas would heat the water. Stupid contractors
should have known this.

Hi,
As years go by, more and more I think we're living in heaven almost!