Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sanding face frames with ROS, right across the joints?

Morgans wrote:

Nothing is more satisfying than coming out of the woodshop, and
shaking like a dog, and seeing the whole neighborhood disappear under
a fine coating of dust. Honey bees flee in confusion, as they can't
tell what is pollen and what is dust. I also try to remember to
blow my nose every time I stop sanding.

I just let it harden in and then pick it out...

You have instant wood putty

Yup!

Then I immediately start up the stairs and track
footprints through the house on the way to the den and my beloved
LazyBoy to take a break. When I get up, I beat on the chair with a
broom to get all of the dust back up into the air.

Now this is a guy that is just after a man's heart!

So there, the real secret is out. How to sand stuff before you put
smooth stuff over it. g

Gosh sakes, people. Experiment a little. Each wood, each sander,
each project is different. Sand it until it looks good, then put some
shiny stuff on it.

And... if you've got some swirl marks, put more of that stuff on to fill
them...

I hope my guide has been useful, or at least entertaining.

Very!

PS. Not too many forests were harmed in the making of these
cabinets. Just 2 or 3. The particulates that went into the air are
my way of combating global warming, which makes up for it.

Plus - they are organic and must provide some sort of gardening benefit.

--

-Mike-