Posted to alt.home.repair

Default #6 NM wire in 1/2" hole?

On 7/22/2014 2:22 PM, philo wrote:
On 07/22/2014 07:45 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/22/2014 8:37 AM, trader_4 wrote:
I think Gfre might be on to something when he suggested it might
also have resistance electric heat and maybe that's why the need
for #6. If the OP gives the make and model we could probably find
the specs and install intructions and I'd like to take a look.
I'm still skeptical that a mini-split could really need #6. As I said,
my 5 ton central AC uses #8, but being AC only, it doesn't have any
resistance heat.

OP had been providing some info, but now
I sense some resistance. We'll have to amp
it up a bit.

Per Ohm's Law, to increase the current you will need to raise the voltage.

Well, figuring a static load. What did you say?
I can't hear you with all that static.

--
..
Christopher A. Young