Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default #6 NM wire in 1/2" hole?

On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 11:49:38 AM UTC-4, Doug Miller wrote:
wrote in

:

Hi, I'm the OP.

Yes, the mini split a/c system specs explicitly call for a 50amp

breaker and #6 AWG (although I shudder to think that it'll

actually use that much, with a 16 SEER).

Do you really need 6-3 cable, though? Or will 6-2 suffice?

Another good point. Would be a shame to pay for 3 conductors and then
wind up not even having a place to connect one. I'd be curious to learn
the make/model of this beast so we can see the install instructions. I'm
still skeptical of 6 gauge for a mini-split.