Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Sanding face frames with ROS, right across the joints?

On 2014-07-22, Scott Lurndal wrote:

If you're not doing production work, you might find a hand scraper
superior to sandpaper, particularly when leveling face frames and
glued-up panels.

Does anybody use a plane for tasks like this?

Absolutely, when I feel I will get better results, mainly due to the
wood and grain, by doing so.

On face frames, door and drawer frames, and other butt joins, I will
often start with a low angle block plane to get close enough to not
affect the adjoining piece, and maybe a card scraper, then follow up
with the appropriate sanding to get it to the final finished state.

It's never all brute sanding.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net