Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sanding face frames with ROS, right across the joints?

On 7/22/2014 8:55 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 7/22/2014 9:11 AM, Leon wrote:
That is a little over kill. LOL BUT it should work. You don't quite
have to be that anal, sanding should be FUN! ;~)

The proper degree of "anality" is what I've mostly been trying to get a
grasp on with these questions. As always, the "answer" is a stew of all
of the various responses I get here coupled with a bit of my own sense
of things.

Let results be your gauge. Don't be afraid of a project not being
perfect as you will certainly be over doing on many steps. Build a
small and a bit complicated shop box and stain it and don't over think
it. Learn from those results.

As for sanding being fun ...

I have to say, I got a small amount of pleasure from hand-sanding the
curved surfaces. But repetitive machine sanding is still a chore.

LOL, well hopefully one day you will be able to obtain equipment that
works better and has stellar dust retention. When you can sand for
hours, stop and walk inside and sit down with out bringing any dust it
becomes more fun.

---
protection is active.