Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default How am I meant to paint the stonework in this bloody weather?

On 22/07/2014 16:20, Jabba wrote:
Robin scribbled...

I've been trying to paint round the windows, door etc with Johnstone's
Stormshield Pliolite for past few days. But I can't get the bloody
stuff to brush out before it dries. Roller's no better on the bigger
areas. (On a scale of "passable" to "excellent" my painting is often
"re-sit" but this is much worse than usual.) And the paint in the kettle
seems to get gloopy on top before I've moved the ladder once. I've tried
thinning a bit with white spirit but that didn't make a noticeable
difference. Anything else I can try please? Or is it just too bloody
hot (in London) for East facing stonework which gets hot first thing
with a paint which always dries v v fast?

Change your painting times to early or late, when the sun isn't on the
wall.

Yep. I have a couple of gates that need painting. The alarm is set for
6:30 am

--
Colin Bignell