Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water heater wisdom, lesson learned

Got a call from some friends to light a gas water
heater. This one had spark igniter, had the push
button clicker like on fancy gas grills.

I rotated the top gas valve to pilot, pushed down.
Pushed the clicker a few times.

One of the residents had Youtube research gas
light. I didn't know the new gas valves, the
temp control on the side has to be turned far
to one end "light the pilot" temperature, for
it to work.

One more thing to know when lighting water heater.

--
..
Christopher A. Young