Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Chevy vehicle question for the motorheads

wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 22:14:40 -0500, "Terry Coombs"

On 20 Jul 2014 01:02:38 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

While the engine was replaced -- which carb is on the engine?
The one from the previous engine, or the one which was on the
replacement engine when its car was rear-ended?

CARB?? What the heck is a CARB.

For you youngsters out there , a carb is an analog device for mixing fuel
and air in approximately the proper proportions to burn efficiently .

I'm an old coot too - so I know what a CARB is (and as a mechanic
worked on hundreds (likely thousands) of them.) but obviously someone
wasn't reading the post very well. Carbs were long gone when the
subject vehicle was produced.

Yep, By 1999 they were out of production use in the US for 9 years on
automobiles.
1990 Olds 307 in the Cutlass Ciera was the last GM production
engine/vehicle to have a carb.

--
Steve W.