Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Hot Transformer

On 22/07/2014 11:29 AM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
**Most power transformers will operate at 100 degrees C quite safely,
though I prefer to see less than 75 C. I have no idea what 125
degrees F is and I have no interest either, but I suspect it is less
than 75 C.

It's such a big deal to convert, isn't it?

**There is no need to convert. 95% of the planet's population uses
Metric measurements. The 5% left is irrelevant.

Start by subtracting 32. That's 93, which you can round off to 90. Then
take 5/9 of that -- 50, which is close enough. You can do it in your
head in a few seconds.

**I never need to perform such useless calculations. Almost every person
on this planet uses Metric measurements.

There's no need to memorize the formula, if you remember that 0 and 32
degrees are the same point, and 1 degree F is 9/5 degree C.

**There is no need to convert, nor memorise anything, anyway. Almost
every human on the planet uses Metric measurements in their daily lives.
ALL scientific measurements are done within the Metric system. The
Imperial system is just idiotic. Most of us humans naturally gravitate
towards a base 10 form of measurement. The Metric system is just plain
logical and extremely easy to live with.

[ASIDE] This is an international group. Almost none of the planet's
population (less than 5%) bothers with archane measurements,
like degrees F, anymore. Please learn the Metric system.

First, it's spelled arcane (hidden, mysterious). Which isn't the word
you want -- you want archaic.

**Thanks for the spelling correction.

Metric is not capitalized.

**When I was taught the Metric system, it was capitalised. So,
capitalised it will remain (for me).

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au