Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default The difference

On Monday, July 21, 2014 2:27:32 PM UTC-4, nestork wrote:
The establishment of the State of Israel was a mistake.

For hundreds of years the jews lived together with arabs in relative

peace.

Now, a hunk of arab land, formerly called "Palestine" was taken from the

Palestinians and given to the Jews to form the State of Israel.

And now, the jews live together with the arabs in a state of ongoing

warfare where no one is safe, neither soldier nor civilian. And, that

situation has persisted for over 50 years now.

There are more cell phones per capita in Israel than in any other

country in the world. That's because every time a bomb goes off or a

rocket comes down somewhere, everyone is phoning their friends and

relatives to check that they're OK.

How much more blood needs to be spilled before we recognize that the

formation of the state of Israel by taking land from the Palestinians

was a mistake, and the best option for all concerned would be a return

to the situation that existed before WWII, where jews were a people

without a country just like gypsies.

Most of the Jews came to Israel because they were discriminated against or
kicked out of Europe, even before WWII. The you had WWII and the European countries,
instead of assimilating them in the aftermath, they were very happy to
see the Jews go to Israel. And you can't blame the Jews for not wanting to
live in Germany or other parts of Europe where their parents were shoved into
ovens. So, with more Jews arriving in Israel, the UN saw fit to make it a
state. I believe it was actually the USSR that introduced the resolution.

LEt's say we accept your premise, that it was a mistake made 70 years ago.
How in the world do you expect to return to the situation that existed prior
to 1947? You have generations of Israeli citizens that have been born and grew
up in Israel. By what method do you expect to get these people who have never lived in Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, etc to go live there?

Good grief. Might as well say what happened to the Indians was a mistake
and we should turn the USA back over now. And just like the Jews, where
exactly would we all go?