Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sanding face frames with ROS, right across the joints?

On 7/21/2014 11:27 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 7/21/2014 9:49 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Greg Guarino wrote:
On 6/26/2014 7:36 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

I was amazed at how easy face frames became when my first ROS
sanded right across the corners with no scratches:-)

So, is this the consensus? I can sand over the joints in a face
frame with a random-orbit sander without cross-grain scratches? Is
this only for finer grits?

Try it Greg - you will see whatever you need to see. Better than
asking here.

Some times Mike you can be a real putz.

Sometimes?

I was trying to be as gentle as I could. ;~)

My tolerance level is low lately. I'm the "asked to join" secretary of
the HOA and the VP has been setting a **** poor example of keeping the
appearance of his home up to the HOA rules and regulations. But I guess
like most politicians he must feel that he is exempt from the rules.