Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Digging out crawl space - Power tools?

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 19:18:01 -0400, "TomR" wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
TomR wrote:

I would also be interested in knowing what the purpose of doing this is
(such as to put in a pipe etc. in the 4 inch trench), and if you will be
patching/replacing the asphalt after it is done.

If it's just to run wiring or a pipe under a sidewalk, the OP might be
able
to hydraulic his way under the pavement:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/...341731539.html

There are commercial machines, but with a little PVC and fittings you can
easily make it through in most soils.

The link that you posted is interesting.

One problem may be that the link was about tunneling under concrete, but the
OP is dealing with an asphalt driveway. I think that most likely there is
compacted stone under the asphalt driveway rather than just dirt or soil, so
the water tunneling idea may not work.

I just got to this now and it's time to sleep already. I'll start a
separate thread tomorrow with answers to questions and maybe photos.