nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

There are no indications of a leak anywhere. If I saw an oily spot somewhere on the floor or in the fridge, I'd certainly investigate. So, it might be a worn out compressor, but in that case it's more economical to buy a new fridge anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin Mormon[_10_] View Post
That's pretty conclusive low refrigerant. I'm sad to
see a refrig scrapped, "only" because of low charge.
They won't allow me to "top up" the refrigerant charge without finding and fixing the leak, and that part is gonna cost a few hundred dollars cuz of the requirement to evacuate the sealed system and find and fix the leak before adding refrigerant.

Well, now I got lots of spare parts for my other fridges.