Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chevy vehicle question for the motorheads

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 11:58:18 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 07:50:04 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 07/19/2014 1:21 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

The reason he parked it was the missing problem. ...

So did _he_ check the fuel filter???

I dont think so.

My mechanic called a few ago and he is headed over to the vehicle. He
seems to think its a plugged CAT...but will do a back pressure check
etc etc.

Ill know in a couple hours

Just got a call. He claims good fuel pressure, good CAT, but there
may..may be a problem with the crank position sensor. Its giving him
some really odd readings that is requiring him to ponder a bit.

The wiring was not well treated when they swapped out the engine..so
he has to deal with some of that to make sure there not an
intermittent sensor reading.

One of his page frames (computer) claims he was driving at 50 mph and
the engine was putting out 350 rpm..and then another sensor claims it
was putting out 3500 rpm at the same time. Something about reluctor?
rings in the crank position sensor?

The guy is Sharp! and has the latest state of the art test
equipment..so he will figure it out. He says the A/C compressor is
NFG as well. So thats gonna be a couple hundred bucks probably..sigh

Ill keep you posted

Gunner

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."