Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default What tools can I use to sharpen these kitchen knives?

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 21:32:05 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

Oren wrote, on Fri, 18 Jul 2014 11:06:37 -0700:

Use the black handled "steel" (left) on the two black
handled knives (right).

OK. I'm not sure where I got that "steel" (maybe a
garage sale?); but it has the following stamped on
the cylinder near the handle:

"J.A. Henckels, International, Solingen, Germany"

Germany makes fine quality cutlery. What does the piece go for on
Ebay? You paid three bucks at a yard sale?

I'll google how to use a "steel".

Got a local butcher shop? The honing steel is used before & after
cutting meat. As Trader stated, it takes the angle waves out of the
sharpened edge.