Posted to alt.home.repair
DaveT[_2_] DaveT[_2_] is offline

Default Help- rotted out wood at base of door jam problem

On 7/19/2014 4:47 AM, dadiOH wrote:
"DaveT" wrote in message
On 7/17/2014 8:17 AM, dpb wrote:
On 07/17/2014 8:49 AM, DaveT wrote:

I'm probably going to fill out the remaining void with qwikrete. The
wood is already primered, does there need to be visqueen or

something
like that between the wood and qwikrete?

I probably wouldn't bother, but it couldn't hurt I think...

I qwikreted the empty area - not pretty but it seems pretty solid.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126231755@N06/

I'm thinking of stuccoing the thing to smooth out the surface and make
it blend in. Then I'll put flashing over the wood-qwikrete contact to
keep driven rain from getting into the moisture gap I left there.

How long should I let the qwikrete dry before applying stucco?

Anytime. Since you already have Qwikrete you could use that. Why
didn't you just surface the Qwikrete as you applied it?

How do I change the color of qwikrete to tan like the surrounding stucco?