Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default What tools can I use to sharpen these kitchen knives?

On 7/18/2014 1:26 PM, Danny D. wrote:
What tools can I use to sharpen these kitchen knives?
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3893/1...c9d71925_c.jpg

I have never sharpened a knife before, but I have a few
rather old tools I got from somewhere ages ago which
I think, are intended for sharpening things:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5596/1...85a1af1a_b.jpg

I don't have a bench grinder, nor any fancy knife-sharpening
tools (I had never needed them before); but can't I sharpen
those three kitchen knivdes with these existing tools?

How do I use that cylindrical slotted thing, for example?

My kitchen knife sharpener is the lowest cost Presto Eversharp:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_2ovmg7v7oz_b

I also use a steel to freshen them up.