Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Paging a real plumber

On 19/07/14 09:54, F Murtz wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 18/07/14 10:08, F Murtz wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 18/07/14 08:21, Andy Burns wrote:
F Murtz wrote:

Do British plumbers use silver solder (copper silver phosphor
alloy)for
joining copper pipe in the uk

IANAP, but I'll answer anyway; for water, gas, and heating in domestic
installations it would be unheard of to use silver solder.

Of course all the lead free solder contains a little silver...

which our inverted idiot thinks is 'silver solder'

Now you are going completely stupid My discussion about solder is silver
solder (copper silver phosphor alloy) low silver 2% 5% that is used
mainly by plumbers
It has never been about soft solder except as a side issue
I have not and have never called any form of soft solder with or without
silver, lead etc silver solder.
That is your construct.

Well you claimed plumbers used 'silver solder' but they actually
universally use 'soft solder'

So it's your choice. You are either wrong that they use 'silver solder'
or you are wrong that silver solder is soft solder.

Some utube for you ( that is never done)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrlIZW7XBAI

What a waste of gas!

American one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07ODV2Bdqow

"Applications for brazing are when temperatures are above 350C"

My hot water never gets to 350C.

It strikes me you are shilling for a company selling expensive products
that no one actually needs.