Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pipe cutting wheels

wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 07:40:34 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

snip

http://www.amazon.com/GearWrench-203...JCS6HPG HMCWJ

Interesting. Have you used it yourself? I read all the reviews and
even some of the 5-star ones made me wonder. Would it mangle a brass
conduit with 0.030" walls?

Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

I've used mine as intended, on steel tubing and exhaust pipes where it
works well enough. I suspect it would crimp thin brass no less than a
single-wheel cutter does.

I chuck brass tubing in a collet and part it with the thinned back end
of a cutoff blade. Before buying the lathe I cut it with a razor saw.

I just ordered one of these to try on thin sheet metal, specifically
the trim from an above-ground swimming pool.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0062IBH6A/...332200_TE_item

-jsw