Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT - cold chicken 'Bar Rescue"

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 06:21:00 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

It's on FoodNetwork. I'm sure if you google you can find the time.
I just found this:

http://www.mysterydinersfraud.com/

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...for-faking-it/

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/851426

Some interesting stuff there, with links to two newspapers that
apparently ran stories about it not being real. Those websites did bring
up a couple of interesting points I hadn't thought about. They claim that
all the main characters are wearing microphones. Now thinking about it,
that makes sense. I'm not sure you could capture the quality of audio
that you can clearly hear. For example, you have a waitress talking while
walking around and yet the audio is always very clear. Not sure how you
do that in a whole restaurant without the waitress being wired.

And they claim the hidden cameras are fake. Now that I think about it,
is the video shot really consistent with what you'd see only from
cameras shooting from the ceiling? I'll watch closer in the future. But
the video is so good it seems like it could be shot from regular TV
cameras on the floor.

Also some of the words spoken on the show don't make sense, like
"Let's go to that bar after work that we always go to", "I'm the new
supply guy". How likely is it that people would say that, versus it's
said deliberately with the names left out for TV? In other words, you'd
think the new supply guy would say "Hi, I'm Joe, your new rep from NY Beer Distributors".

Well that spoils the show for me. Being staged and scripted, I'll not
be able to watch it with the same interest I had in it before. BAH.