Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Digging out crawl space - Power tools?

On Thursday, July 17, 2014 11:11:47 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
In front of my house, someone needs to jackhammer out a piece of

blacktop 6 feet long by 4 inches thick, by 4 inches wide, I think that

would be good exercise but the only time I used an electric jackhammer,

I was tired in 30 seconds.

Blacktop 4 inches thick? unlikely. What's under it? Hope it's not concrete.

Basically you need to cut a 4 inch wide trench six feet long? Saw cut it and pry it up, this is only an hour job. You can rent a saw. I've heard you can do this with your circular saw but not tried it myself.