Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default OT - cold chicken

Oren wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 02:21:05 +0000 (UTC), gregz
wrote:

"Guv Bob" wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
On 7/15/2014 3:33 PM, Oren wrote:
I love and eat cold chicken.

Chicken was / is great, even cold. Light crust, not greasy or
soggy. Golden brown. Used the wrong taters for the fries, though.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/b52kaw.jpg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/nvxvo1.jpg

I'd be more concerned with the temperature of the cooking oil.

Fine, when properly cooked, and intended to be
served cold. This was intended to be hot.

(lines snipped)
2-3 years ago I used to eat bbq chicken regularly at Stonefire Grill.
Then they changed suppliers or something - never did find out what. The
chicken was OK outside, but undercooked inside with bright red blood
vessels here and there. I first started sending it back for reheating,
but eventually just began ordering it well done. That helped the inside,
but they always burned the outside. Each time I told the manager, but
every month they had a new one. Sorry to have to avoid that place - all
else was good. Have not been back in over 2 years now.

Does not sound like it was BBQ. BBQ takes a long to cook with smoke. You
can't make BBQ on a grill.

Greg

Correct. BBQ was originally the "worst parts" of the animal. Gilled
chicken may have sauce slathered on it to look like BBQ - but it ain't
the real deal. 3 meat smokers here, 1 grill and a burner for frying
with propane.

Somewhere on the net I found the oldest BBQ sauce (America). Hard to
read, but the bride wrote it down. Oh! Here I found the link...

http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_articles/history_of_bbq_sauce.html

https://tinyurl.com/lg5p7q6

This is a good page, except it wants to disappear on my browser. From what
I saw, scotts sauce which I use and duplicate. Great on chinese food.
The other recipes are interesting. The tomato sauce is similar to mine and
our area, no sweetness.

Greg