Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Digging out crawl space - Power tools?

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 19:44:02 +0000, G.Dub
wrote:

replying to Jim Elbrecht, G.Dub wrote:
elbrecht wrote:

It is absolutely the most *cost* effective. Removal costs are nil.
Whether it makes sense in the long run is entirely up to the digger
(and those effected.]
My basement excavation- like my summetime exterior landscaping by
shovel- is a combination of hobby/exercise/home improvement. The
digging is free. The footers and piers cast little. It is still
cheaper than drinking beer & buying a health club membership.
Jim

I am completely with you Jim. I'd rather do some jobs with muscle and
time... I call it no-brain (needed) work... let's my mind think about
important things, feel the satisfaction of progress every day, get
exercise, and save my nickels.

In front of my house, someone needs to jackhammer out a piece of
blacktop 6 feet long by 4 inches thick, by 4 inches wide, I think that
would be good exercise but the only time I used an electric jackhammer,
I was tired in 30 seconds.

Do you think I can do this myself? In a full day's rental time?

Or can I rent a saw that does this?