Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman badgolferman is offline

Default moen faucet repair

My bathtub spigot is leaking. It takes Moen 1224 cartidges. I have
replaced these cartridges before and have the special tool that removes
the retaining nut buried deep inside. The problem is I can't get the
cartridge out. I don't want to yank and pull too hard lest I break
something. What's the trick?

Also I have a Moen Monticello kitchen faucet. It doesn't leak, but it
has a problem with how the sprayer works. When using the sprayer with
hot water only, after I let go of the sprayer handle the water coming
out of the spigot is reduced in flow. If I move the hot handle back
and forth a quarter turn or so it returns to full flow. This doesn't
happen with the cold side.

I tried to pull the cartridge out to see if something is stuck in there
but that sucker won't pull out either. Yes, I removed the outer
retaining ring. I don't think there is an inner one though.

I am on city water.