Posted to alt.home.repair
G.Dub G.Dub is offline

Default Digging out crawl space - Power tools?

replying to Jim Elbrecht, G.Dub wrote:
elbrecht wrote:

It is absolutely the most *cost* effective. Removal costs are nil.
Whether it makes sense in the long run is entirely up to the digger
(and those effected.]
My basement excavation- like my summetime exterior landscaping by
shovel- is a combination of hobby/exercise/home improvement. The
digging is free. The footers and piers cast little. It is still
cheaper than drinking beer & buying a health club membership.
Jim

I am completely with you Jim. I'd rather do some jobs with muscle and
time... I call it no-brain (needed) work... let's my mind think about
important things, feel the satisfaction of progress every day, get
exercise, and save my nickels.