Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan[_6_] ChairMan[_6_] is offline

Default OT - cold chicken

In ,
Oren belched:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 12:36:27 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 02:21:05 +0000 (UTC), gregz

wrote:

"Guv Bob" wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
message
On 7/15/2014 3:33 PM, Oren wrote:
I love and eat cold chicken.

Chicken was / is great, even cold. Light crust, not
greasy or
soggy. Golden brown. Used the wrong taters for the
fries, though.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/b52kaw.jpg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/nvxvo1.jpg

I'd be more concerned with the temperature of the
cooking oil.

Fine, when properly cooked, and intended to be
served cold. This was intended to be hot.

(lines snipped)
2-3 years ago I used to eat bbq chicken regularly at
Stonefire
Grill.
Then they changed suppliers or something - never did
find out what.
The
chicken was OK outside, but undercooked inside with
bright red blood
vessels here and there. I first started sending it back
for
reheating,
but eventually just began ordering it well done. That
helped the
inside,
but they always burned the outside. Each time I told
the manager,
but
every month they had a new one. Sorry to have to avoid
that place
- all
else was good. Have not been back in over 2 years now.

Does not sound like it was BBQ. BBQ takes a long to cook
with smoke.
You can't make BBQ on a grill.

Greg

Correct. BBQ was originally the "worst parts" of the
animal. Gilled
chicken may have sauce slathered on it to look like BBQ -
but it ain't
the real deal. 3 meat smokers here, 1 grill and a burner
for frying
with propane.

Somewhere on the net I found the oldest BBQ sauce
(America). Hard to
read, but the bride wrote it down. Oh! Here I found the
link...

http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_articles/history_of_bbq_sauce.html

https://tinyurl.com/lg5p7q6

if its *good* Que, ya don't needz no stinkin sauce. g
Sauce is only needed when you need to hide the flavor of the
meat

I know HOW you Texans operate. Sauce is like Voodoo. Give me some
meat, now

Not all us Texicans feel that way, but yeah, I'm a carnivore. Gimme the
meat, beef, turkey, pork, ribs, I don't care. Just smoke it *right* and give
it to me.
Sauce should only be used to compliment the meat, not slathered on and
drippin down yer chin!!!
Just ask Ed, he 's a conasewer of fine smoked meats