Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT - cold chicken 'Bar Rescue"

On Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:01:58 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 10:46:29 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

wrote:

I like Mystery Diners. The owner hires the crew to do surveillance.

They set up cameras and a control center. Hilarity ensues.

- employee scams with the owner away

- food / drinks being given away

- Kegs and "stuff" growing legs, then walking out the door

Do you ever wonder if it's real though? Some of it seems hard to believe.

Like the ones where it's a bar and the crook manager starts charging

a cover charge, with a guy outside. Or where the manager makes an Italian

restaurant into a Mexican one, two nights a week. Doesn't it strain credulity

that managers would be brazen enough to do that and not think that the

owner is going to come by one night? Or that friends, neighbors, dissatisfied

employees, etc aren't going to tell the owner?

IDK, some of it just seems a bit out there......

I think the recorded video is evidence enough. As long as there is a

chain of evidence; enough to show what is going on.

I don't see how the recorded video on a reality show proves anything.
How do you know that those being videoed don't know the cameras are there
and what's going on? Speaking of which, many of those cameras are
huge, big, honkers. That Willie guy on Restaurant Stakeout for example.
They show these huge and obvious cameras after he's put them in, just hanging
in a corner of the ceiling. And
he doesn't just put in one or two, it's like a dozen. You really think employees wouldn't notice them everywhere?

IDK, I have my doubts that it's all real.

I did notice on

Mystery Diners (MD), none of the employees were prosecuted for a

crime. Just fired or not.

Yes, that's interesting too, isn't it?