Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Help- rotted out wood at base of door jam problem

"dpb" wrote in message
On 07/17/2014 6:47 AM, dadiOH wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message

The only other lesser disagreement I have with his advice is that it
is counter-productive to caulk that seam at the bottom of the brick
mould meeting the base;

I could live with that. In fact, I DID live with that.

I built four French screen doors a few years ago to enclose an open
lanai. I left an uncaulked 1/4" gap at the bottom of the jambs. ...

I wouldn't leave anything approaching a 1/4" gap...

I hear ya. Howver - IME - skinny gaps soon get clogged up with crud.
There are two things my sweet wife abhors: an uncluttered horizontal
surface and housework. And no, I'm not going to unclog them either, got
to much shop/Sketchup work to do.

--

dadiOH