Richard Stapley

Default Books to modernize my turnings?

Arch I review a wide cross section of books on my Web Site many of which
give Inspiration rather than Method.

http://www.laymar-crafts.co.uk

RVS

"Arch" wrote in message
Books for beginning turners have been well discussed here, but there
hasn't been much opinion and advice re books for we 'a little
fa(u?)rther alongers' who want to enter the 21st century. (or at least
the last half of the 20th) I hear footsteps from Walmart's cheap
imported salad bowls so I need to move onward & upward. It's gift
_receiving_ time and I'm considering four fairly current books to help
me compete with the far East:

Hosaluk's "Scratching the Surface"
Darlow's: "Woodturning Design"
Robert's: "Masterful Woodturning"
O'Donnells': "Decorating Wood"

Perhaps these authors consider different aspects, but I'm not likely to
be gifted with all four. Maybe my old Raffin classic on bowl design is
sufficient, but somehow buying it didn't make me an artist. I just know
one of the above will. Your unbiased reviews? Opinions? Advice? Other
book suggestions? Incredulous laughter? Arch

Fortiter,