Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Trip Thru Home Depot

wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 17:09:02 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

I was impressed.

New items I didn't recognize at every turn.

It was quite an eye opener.

Just a guess, but 10-20,000 items in inventory would not surprise
me.

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

Surprise, it is 40,000
Our store inventory consists of up to 40,000 different kinds of
building materials, home improvement supplies, appliances and lawn
and garden products for all of your project needs.

snip
All that and still couldn't find #10 AWG, molded cord sets of 15 ft
min length.

Well, I've been a contractor for more than a few weeks now, and I have more
than a few old extension cords in various states hanging on hooks in the
shop. Some of them are 10 gage for heavy tools in the field. They make
dandy repair cords for stuff. In fact I never throw away a tool without
salvaging brushes, switches, and of course the power cord.

Not surprising.

How am I supposed to rewire a table saw?

Make it yourself. SJ plus the appropriate connector and five minutes
work.