Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default A tale of a cheapo ink cartridge ...

tim..... wrote
Rod Speed wrote
tim..... wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Arfa Daily wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Fredxxx wrote
William Sommerwerck wrote
Jabba wrote

Vote with your wallet, don't buy inkjets.

If you want color, there's no inexpensive alternative. Is there?

Boots and other online printing services. Even cheaper.

Not when you include the cost of driving to pick it up.

If quantity requires then get a colour laser with
an eye on the cost of replacing toner cartridges.

Ink-jets are remarkably unreliable.

Mine arent.

I have to say that hasn't been my experience, either. All of the
HPs that I've owned over the years have been remarkably
reliable given the level of use and abuse that they get.

I've stuck with Canons myself and have only ever had
the one failure just recently, of the main logic card.

Mate of mine has gone thru 3 Canons now,
all with some sort of electronics failure.

I've had 2 printers in my lifetime

Yebbut, your lifetime is a hell of a lot shorter than some of ours.

That's irrelevant

Nope, it explains why some of us have had more printers than you have.

what relevant is the amount of time that it has been
reasonable for individuals to own their own printer,
and my adulthood covers all of that period

No it does not with the biggest printers like the
LA180 that was as big as a washing machine.

With all of mine the reason I moved on to a different
one was because the replacement did more than what
it replaced. In the case of the last inkjet it was because
it would print on CDs and DVDs as well as paper.

In theory I am still lacking in one area. The inkjet printers
that are later than the latest I have will actually photocopy
the CD/DVD with what is printed on it since they have a
scanner as well as the printer which makes if very easy
to make a copy of a commercial CD or DVD. But since
I don't get software that way anymore or music either,
I don't have any need to do that.