Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carla Fong[_2_] Carla Fong[_2_] is offline

Default Slightly off-topic - Hydraulic hose crimping

On 7/15/2014 5:30 AM, Pete C. wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Buying all the dies might cost you as much as NAPA, but if you can fab
most of them and use them in a 10k portapower or beefier press, you
might be spending a whole lot less money. Then again, trial and error
will cost you, too. Why not pick another pair and try to fab dies for
whatever press you have? That's probably the way to go, if you have
unlimited time and limited money.

I might consider buying the official dies I needed and fabbing the rest
of the setup to use in a regular hydraulic H press.

OK gang, thanks for all the great advice.

It's pretty obvious that with our NAPA store about 3 blocks away and the
relatively small number of hoses we will need that having NAPA make our
hoses as needed is the best route for our needs.

When you factor in buying a lot more hose than we'll need for the
foreseeable future, add an inventory of connectors and then buying or
fabbing a crimping machine it just doesn't pencil out for our volume.

Thank you again - you saved us a ton of $$$$...

Carla

It's all fun and games until she asks if you've ever seen "The Crying Game."