Posted to rec.woodworking

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On Sun, 13 Jul 2014 20:52:26 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

There are less than 6-8 refineries qualified to blend gasoline
for CA emission standards.

That's a hell of a stranglehold to have over almost 40 million
people which is what exists in CA.

"dpb" wrote:

CA can blame only themselves; they're the ones whose legislature has
set the requirements thru the CARB, plus they're either first or
second-highest tax rate of any of the 50 states.

"BLAME" ?

Yes.

I guess you can call it blame to want to have clean air to breathe.

For being that much of a sucker, yes.

What does a tax rate have to do with anything under discussion?

You elected the politicians. You know, *you* are to blame for what
they've done. Apparently you even smiled when they did it.

The most straight forward way to address a capacity issue is to
reduce demand.

Wrong.

The easiest way to reduce demand is to develop alternate energy
sources.

Absolutely wrong.

Hybrid and straight electric vehicles are beginning to address the
issue.

Never.

NG is beginning to address the 18 wheeler market which will
reduce the overall hydrocarbon demand over the next 40-50 years.

Nonsense. ...but far better than any electric solution that will be
implemented in any of our lifetimes.

The problem will be resolved. There is money to be made
developing alternate energy sources.

Yep. One word: "Solyndra".

Tesla is looking for a place to build batteries for a reason, MONEY.

http://jalopnik.com/a-third-tesla-mo...ire-1460039546

There is lots of it to be made when a low cost battery is developed.

Not in our lifetimes. I'd say never, but then I'd have to tell you to
prove me wrong.

AS usual, looks like CA will be dragging the rest of the country
kicking and screaming to a solution to this problem.

Kicking and screaming, sure. ...right down the lefty rat hole.