Arch

Default Beeswax, how food safe is it today? (A tiresome OTreminiscense)

Shiva, your mentioning wild bees sure brought back memories of simple
joys, long gone. Yearly, we had a combined all day picnic and 'bee tree'
cutting while a wild hog was caught by pit bulls grabbing the ears.
Nature really was "red in tooth and claw" back then, and I wonder how
far we've come. Anyway, the hive was in a pine tree which was cut down
after smoking the bees out. The honey was great, at least in memory. I
was too young to share in some sort of beverage the men made which
seemed to affect them like the 'cane buck' they made at our annual 'cane
grinding'. Supposedly they were making syrup, not fermenting juice.
Sorry turners, I don't remember any chair legs being bodged from the
pine tree. Arch

Fortiter,