Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff[_2_] Brian Gaff[_2_] is offline

Default non-selective weedkiller

I expect the bomb makers are asking for it to continue to be available..
grin.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Rick Hughes" wrote in message
On previous landscaping projects after preparing ground .. have given the
area a dusting with a non-selective weed-killer, then laid Geotex weed
membrane on top.

The product I used was Boracil (aka Bromacil).... but this is no longer on
sale.
This was a broad spectrum herbicides for non-selective weed killing, it
entered plants via roots not vis leaves.

Councils used it under tarmac when laying pavements.

Most weed-killers need leaf growth to allow take down to roots .... in
this instance there is no left growth, being used as preventative.
Which would rule out 2,4-D products (and presumably 2,4,5-T)

Anybody aware of a good replacement, or do I need to go back to basic
Sodium Chlorate.

Loads of posts on line that Sodium Chlorate has been banned from sale
since 2008 and cannot be used after 10th May 2010 ..

Yet it is on sale on Amazon ?