Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Mud Michael Mud is offline

Default Fast charge vs. regular charge

On Sunday, July 13, 2014 6:41:38 AM UTC-4, Michael Mud wrote:
I went out to buy a charger for one of my digital devices. All they could sell me was a FAST CHARGER. What is the difference between that and a regular charger? Does a Fast charger shorten battery life? TIA.

Thanks for the answers so far. To clarify, It is a car charger supporting a motorola smartphone containing an OEM Motorola lithium ion battery. The original chargers provided are junk, which is why they break, which is why i had to buy a new one. In this case, I replaced a car charger with an Motorola OEM MicroUSB quickcharger. Looking forward to reply.