Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default non-selective weedkiller

On 14/07/2014 16:58, Gazz wrote:

"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insert my surname here wrote in message
On 14/07/2014 12:13, Rick Hughes wrote:
Anybody aware of a good replacement, or do I need to go back to basic
Sodium Chlorate.

Loads of posts on line that Sodium Chlorate has been banned from sale
since 2008 and cannot be used after 10th May 2010 ..

Yet it is on sale on Amazon ?

The EU Directive banned it for use as a 'plant protection product'
(i.e. weed killer). As the overwhelming use of the chemical was for
bleaching paper, it may well still be available as a commercial
chemical, just not as a weed killer.

and here was me thinking most old skool weed killers were banned because
certain people like to mix it with diesel and do naughty things with the
result.

That resulted in the introduction of fireproofed sodium chlorate.

--
Colin Bignell