Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Pre-treat weeds with soapy water before spraying weed killer?

On Monday, July 14, 2014 10:39:46 AM UTC-4, H o m e G u y wrote:
J Burns wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Have to try plain Roundup on one side of the yard,

then add some soap and do the other side of the yard.

Do an A versus B test. I'd like to hear how the test

works out. I do use Roundup on my weeds.

Why do you have your line-length set to 50-odd characters instead of,

say, 72?

Regarding roundup, the only place I use that is in my parkinglot at

$dayjob and on the road in front of my house (in the cracks around the

curbs) or on my driveway. There is no other place where spraying

roundup in my yard wouldn't kill either grass or something that my SO

would kill me for.

I looked into Roundup a few months ago so I could tell a neighbor

the shelf life. Monsanto says 6 months after mixing, and it's the

surfacant, not the glyphosate, that breaks down.

I buy Roundup in premixed 5-liter hand-pump sprayer:

That alone is proof enough that you're truly the village idiot.