Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Gutter Guards

micky wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jul 2014 13:07:09 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

micky wrote:

BTW, the wand at HD is high-quality.

I have an 18' telescoping extension that I used with a paint roller
to paint the peak of my gable, and a squeegee will screw on the same
coarse threads. But the there were no threads on the wand to
attach it to the extension. So I used some wide clear plastic tape
(which I don't think will leave clogging residue on the tubes that
will make it hard to colllapse) with duct tape over that, in two
places, to attach the two.

Spent about two hours flushing the gutter, starting at the downspout
and moving to the right, then starting at the right and moving back
to the downspout.

Try a length or two of 2" pvc pipe, a couple 2" pvc conduit 90
degree bends and a shop vac to clean them. The 2 bends make the loop
of an upside down "J" to reach into the gutter.

That's a good idea. I've got a good shop-vac already.

Would I be better off using four 45^ turns? The installation
instructions for the Saniflo upflush toilet said to do that, or better
yet, large radius curves, because 90^ corners slowed down flow.
Water and crud is not the same as leaves, but what do you think?

PVC conduit bends are wide radius, for pulling wires easily.

And I can make it so it comes apart. Right now, I don't want to
untape my gizmo until it rains and the gutter is working, so it's
lying by the side of the house. I guess that won't hurt it but I
have to move it every 2 or 3 days to not kill the grass.

PVC conduit seems to come with expanded ends here, so that would do it. I am not
sure if white PVC might be stiffer in long lengths than grey conduit PVC.