Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default OT? Lightning

On 7/8/2014 11:50 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 08 Jul 2014 04:55:56 -0400, micky
wrote:

So if you're willing to stand in the rain in the open space, you might
as well play golf. Hard to beleive after all these years.

Lightning safety tips and facts -- and which activities are more
dangerous than golfing.
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/06/lightning_safety_tips_and_fact.html
Soccer is the deadliest sport when it comes to lightning. Of
the sports activities, soccer saw the greatest number of
deaths with 12 (golf had eight).

Ahh, statistics,
How do we account for deaths per man hour performing the activity?
Seems to be US stats, I would think there is a lot more total
(man hours performing the activity) for golf than soccer. so soccer
would seem to be much more dangerous than the 12 vs 8 shows.
Mikek