F Donald Hart

Default Lathe shopping: Opinions on Record CL-3?

Hi Sanaka,
I don't know what a CL-3 is, but there are a couple of clubs in Hawaii,
and I'll bet there are some members there who would be glad to show you what
they are turning on.
Don Hart

"Sanaka" wrote in message
om...
Hi.

I'm a long time, former pro woodworker and it's about time I got
myself a Lathe. The CL-3 is looking like a great balance of features
at about the right size for my needs, looks like good quality, and the
price is better than other apparently comparable machines. I'm in
Hawaii though and can't get my actual hands on anything to evaluate.
What do folks here think of the CL-3? Would it be OK for the
occasional largish, say 18", bowl? How does it compare to the Nova
3000, for example? Thanks!

Peace,
Sanaka