Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Plastic roll pin

On 7/12/2014 12:43 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:

Any CNC lathe with a bar feed could knock out the part bore and
chamfer with maybe a 30 second cycle time. No need to build a special
machine.

My *guess* is pre sltting would not be any easier and would slow down
the CNC lathe work.

Karl

I did talk to a guy that make CNC parts for me and he doesn't want to
deal with the plastic swarf.

I've not done 10K parts but I found a shop vac to work real well for
plastic swarf. Maybe you don't want to go there, but this might be a
good time to buy your first CNC lathe.

Karl

No, I'm at the stage in my life that it's time to divest rather than buy
stuff...except fishing rods and reels and pistols.