Peter Charles Fagg

Default Lathe shopping: Opinions on Record CL-3?

Sanaka, I only have praise for the CL3.

I use it daily in my business and have turned successfully items up to
the maximum of 30 inches, mind you it does get a bit scary! It has
coped very well with out of balance pieces including those where I
have left the shop in a hurry for fear of the thing taking off!
Please buy one with the bowl turning extension you will regret it
later if you don't.

It would be nice if it were fitted with variable speed as standard but
it can be updated with a kit OR purchase the CL4 which is the CL3 with
the kit fitted ex-works.

Go for it you will not be disappointed,

Regards,
Peter Charles Fagg