Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe gwinn Joe gwinn is offline

Default Plastic roll pin

In article , Tom Gardner
Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 7/12/2014 1:20 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:
I want to bid on a part for a floor washing brush. The company made a
bunch of PVC tubes 1" ID X 1.375 OD x 12" long. It's covered with a
material that looks like carpet...'kinda. It works great until it gets
hot then it gets bendy. The company's lab came up with a fix that
involves a taking a Derlin tube that's 1.040" OD x .75" ID x 4" long
with a .312" slit along the side and pressing it into the middle of the
12" tube to act as a stiffener.

What's the cheapest way to make these? Is there a better solution? They
need 10k+ of these. They will supply the Derlin material.

I forgot to mention that one end gets a 30 deg chamfer to aid insertion.

This volume (10k units) is on the edge economically, but Delrin can be
injection molded.

Joe Gwinn